These air fryer buffalo chicken egg rolls are the perfect party appetizer. They're creamy, crunchy, spicy, and full of the classic buffalo chicken flavor you know and love. We serve them with a homemade cilantro lime ranch that's so so good.
For the egg rolls:
16 egg roll wrappers
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
12.5 ounces cooked, shredded chicken (we use canned)
4 green onions, chopped
1 tablespoon taco seasoning
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1/2 cup Frank's RedHot Sauce
8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (about 2 cups)
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup greek yogurt or sour cream
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
juice of 1 lime
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F.
- Add cream cheese, chicken, green onions, taco seasoning, cilantro, Frank's sauce, and cheddar cheese to a large mixing bowl. Use an electric mixer at medium speed (or a wooden spoon) to mix until well combined.
- Place an egg roll wrapper on the counter with one of the corners pointing toward you. Add about 2 tablespoons of the chicken mixture to the half of the wrapper closest to you.
- Fold the bottom corner up and tightly over the filling. Then fold in the left and right corners. Fill a small bowl with water, dip your finger in the bowl, and wet the edges of the top corner of the wrapper. Then roll the bottom of the egg roll up until the egg roll is sealed.
- Place the egg rolls into your air fryer basket with space in between them. Our air fryer basket fits about 6 at a time, so we do 3-4 batches. Spray the tops of the egg rolls with cooking spray (we use avocado oil spray), then air fry for 6 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Flip your egg rolls, spray with more cooking spray, then cook for another 4 minutes, or until golden brown.
- While your egg rolls are cooking, make the optional cilantro lime ranch. Add mayonnaise, greek yogurt or sour cream, cilantro, lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper to a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Serve the egg rolls with the cilantro lime ranch and enjoy!
Nutritional information is only an estimate and does not include the cilantro ranch.
Fold your egg roll wrapper as tightly as you can, and make sure you seal the top well with water. Otherwise, the filling will ooze out in the air fryer.
Shred your chicken small so that the filling isn't bulky. The smoother the filling, the better it'll fold into the egg roll.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 egg roll
- Calories: 160
- Sugar: 0.6 g
- Sodium: 460.6 mg
- Fat: 5.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 17.4 g
- Protein: 8.7 g
- Cholesterol: 33 mg
Keywords: Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls