This school cafeteria pizza will make you nostalgic for back-to-school season. We don't use any yeast in the dough, so there is no rise time, and the whole thing comes together in less than 30 minutes. Cut it into perfect rectangles for that classic school pizza look.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups plain greek yogurt (we use 0%)
1/2 cup marinara or pizza sauce
2 cups shredded mozzarella or pizza cheese
Olive oil or non-stick spray
Toppings of choice
- Preheat your oven to 450°F.
- Combine all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Then add greek yogurt and mix until the dough forms a ball. I find it helpful to use my hands to pull everything together.
- Generously oil the bottom and sides of a half sheet pan (18"x13") with olive oil or non-stick spray (we use olive oil or avocado oil). Don't skip this step, or your pizza will stick to the sheet pan.
- Place the dough ball into the center of the sheet pan, and work the dough to the outsides of the pan with your hands until it's spread to the edges of the pan and an even thickness throughout.
- Top the dough with sauce, cheese, and your desired toppings, then bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown on the edges and bottom.
- Cut the pizza into 9 even rectangles with a pizza cutter (cut into thirds lengthwise and crosswise). Use a spatula to scoop each piece of pizza out of the sheet pan. Enjoy!
Make sure you oil your sheet pan well on the bottom and sides, or the pizza crust will stick. If yours sticks a little, use a heavy metal spatula to separate the crust from the sheet pan. Even when ours sticks initially, we are able to get it off the pan clean with a spatula.
Make sure you use greek yogurt, and if yours has any liquid on the top, drain it before using. You want thick yogurt for this recipe.
If your dough is too dry, add a little bit of extra yogurt until the dough comes together. If it's sticking to your hands, add a little bit more flour.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 rectangular slice
- Calories: 195
- Sugar: 3.2 g
- Sodium: 533.4 mg
- Fat: 2.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 26.1 g
- Protein: 17.4 g
- Cholesterol: 7.9 mg
Keywords: school pizza, cafeteria pizza, no-yeast pizza