Thisis creamy, tangy, and so so delicious. It's super easy to make and the perfect addition to any summer or fall meal.
4 ears of corn, shucked and cleaned
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped (plus extra for garnish)
2 cloves garlic, minced
Juice of 1/2 lime (plus extra for serving)
1 cup queso fresco or Cojita cheese, crumbled (see note)
1 tablespoon of chili lime seasoning (like Tajin)
- Preheat your Traeger or pellet grill to 400°F.
- Place your corn directly on the grill grates and cook for 20 minutes, rotating every 5 minutes to ensure an even cook.
- Add sour cream, mayonnaise, cilantro, garlic, and lime juice to a mixing bowl and mix until well combined. In a separate small bowl, combine the crumbled cheese and chili lime seasoning. Set both bowls aside.
- Once the corn is done cooking, slather each ear with the sauce (a spoon or basting brush works well), then top with the crumbled cheese mixture, cilantro, and extra lime juice.
Traditional elote is made with Cojita cheese, but sometimes we prefer the milder taste of queso fresco, which isn't aged like Cojita is. If you like a stronger, saltier cheese, opt for Cojita; if you like a milder flavor, go for queso fresco.
Nutritional information is only an estimate.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Sides
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 1 ear of prepared corn
- Calories: 343
- Sugar: 10 g
- Sodium: 426.8 mg
- Fat: 21.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 30.7 g
- Protein: 11.7 g
- Cholesterol: 31.9 mg
Keywords: Mexican street corn, Traeger Mexican street corn, Traeger elote, grilled Mexican street corn