It's appetizer season, and these marinated mozzarella pearls are the perfect easy appetizer. They're super versatile, fast (less than five minutes of active work!), inexpensive, and taste so much better than store-bought marinated mozzarella.
Here's what you'll need for these marinated mozzarella pearls.
- Mozzarella pearls
- Olive oil
- Fresh basil
- Fresh oregano
- Red pepper flakes
- Salt and black pepper
Here's how we make them.
These are so simple to make and taste so much better than the ones you can buy at the store.
First, add the mozzarella pearls to a jar or bowl with a lid. Add olive oil, fresh basil, fresh oregano, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper, and stir.
Cover with a lid and let marinate for half an hour. Enjoy! If you're not going to eat them right away, store them in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Here's how to serve these mozzarella pearls.
- On a charcuterie board. These are great served in a small bowl alongside other cheeses, meats, nuts, crackers, fruits, and veggies.
- In any salad. Toss these on top of any salad to make it extra special!
- With toasted bread. Cut a french baguette into 1-inch thick slices, toss with some olive oil, and toast in the oven until golden. Then serve with this cheese. You can also sop up the oil with the bread.
- In a simple veggie salad with red onions and tomatoes. Add sliced red onions and diced tomatoes to the mozzarella mixture and let marinate for half an hour. Serve it with any meal that needs a fresh side. It'd be great with olives, white beans, or cucumber, too!
- Use the leftover oil. If you've eaten all the mozzarella and still have some delicious marinade floating around, add just a touch of balsamic vinegar and use it as a salad dressing or as a dip for toasted bread.