These buffalo cauliflower tacos make the perfect vegetarian meal. They're fast, easy, and drenched in spicy buffalo sauce and cool cilantro ranch goodness.
Sometimes the idea of cooking meat is just too much for me. Why? I don't know--it's a mental hang-up. Enter: these buffalo cauliflower tacos. The cauliflower is super fast and easy, the cilantro ranch is just a bunch of ingredients tossed in a food processor, and the buffalo sauce is made with two simple ingredients.
We top our tacos with shredded cheese, iceberg lettuce, and chopped green onions. You can top yours with whatever you love.
Key Ingredients and Substitutions
For the buffalo cauliflower:
- Cauliflower- Most of the time I use a head of cauliflower and cut it up myself, but if I'm feeling lazy, I'll buy the pre-cut cauliflower florets. It's a good shortcut.
- Taco Seasoning- I like Siete spicy taco seasoning, but use your favorite kind.
- Frank's RedHot Original Hot Sauce- This is our favorite buffalo-style hot sauce, but you can use whatever you like.
For the cilantro ranch:
- Greek yogurt or sour cream
- Lime juice
- Worcestershire sauce (use soy sauce if you're vegetarian)
Suggested taco toppings:
- Shredded cheddar cheese- We use freshly grated cheddar cheese. It's truly so much better! For a shortcut, use pre-shredded. If you don't like cheddar cheese, colby-jack, pepper-jack, or monterey-jack would also be great.
- Chopped green onions
- Shredded iceberg lettuce- We buy pre-shredded lettuce because it's easy. You can shred your own if you prefer.
Other ingredients: small flour tortillas, oil, butter, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper
See recipe card for amounts.
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 425°F. Add cauliflower florets to a sheet pan, drizzle them with olive oil, and sprinkle with taco seasoning. Use your hands to mix until the cauliflower is evenly coated. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until tender.
Step 2: Meanwhile, make the cilantro ranch. Add mayonnaise, greek yogurt or sour cream, cilantro, lime juice, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, black pepper, and Worcestershire sauce (or soy sauce if you're vegetarian) to a food processor and blend until combined. Set aside.
Step 3: Add Frank's RedHot sauce and butter to a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook until the butter is melted, a couple of minutes.
Step 4: Once the cauliflower is done, add the hot sauce and butter mixture to the sheet pan and mix until the cauliflower is coated in the sauce.
Step 5: Compile your tacos. Add cauliflower, cheese, lettuce, green onions, and cilantro ranch to a tortilla and enjoy!
Here are some toppings that'd be great on these tacos. The bolded ones are what we use!
- Crunchy iceberg lettuce
- Cheddar, pepper-jack, colby-jack, or monterey jack cheese
- Chopped green onions
- Pickled red onions
- Chopped celery
- Diced tomatoes
Frequently asked questions
We love Mission brand street taco tortillas. They're the perfect size and super soft. We heat ours directly on our gas stove.
If you have leftovers, store everything separately in air-tight containers in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. To reheat, microwave the cauliflower until warm and then compile the tacos as you normally would.
We love these cauliflower tacos with iceberg lettuce, cheddar, and green onions. For other options, check out our suggested toppings section above.