What is rum punch?
Rum punch is a cocktail, usually made with orange juice, pineapple juice, lime juice, grenadine, and rum. It's sweet, tropical, and perfect for sipping all of your cares away in a hurry. Technically, though, a punch is any drink (alcoholic or not) made with lots of fruit juice. That's where this holiday rum punch comes in. We made it with apple cider, pomegranate juice, fresh squeezed orange juice, golden or dark rum, and just a hint of ginger ale. Perfect for when you're not spending your winter holiday on an island somewhere but still want some holiday cheer.
Here's what you'll need to create some holiday cheer.
- Gold, Dark, or Spiced Rum. We use gold rum. Use what you generally prefer.
- Apple Cider
- Pomegranate Juice
- An orange
- Ginger ale. Ginger beer might work well here too, but we haven't tested it.
- Optional: Fresh rosemary sprigs and pomegranate seeds for garnishing (here's a tutorial on how to seed a pomegranate)
Here's how we make this holiday rum punch.
This holiday rum punch recipe is super simple. Add apple cider, pomegranate juice, fresh orange juice, and rum to a cocktail shaker with ice and shake to combine. Pour evenly into two cocktail glasses with ice and top with ginger ale. We used fresh rosemary sprigs, pomegranate seeds, and an orange twist as garnishes.
Looking for other holiday recipes? Try these:
- Pumpkin Cake Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting. These are great for feeding a crowd at holiday parties because one batch makes a ton. They're easy to customize for other holidays too--exchange the bats for Christmas trees or leaves to make them more appropriate for Christmas or Thanksgiving.
- Apple Cider Bourbon Latte. Is this a breakfast drink or a cocktail? You decide.
- Fall Harvest Salad with Sweet Potato, Apple, and Halloumi Cheese