We marinate this Traeger grilled salmon in a soy sauce-based marinade, then grill it to crispy, moist perfection on our Traeger in only 10 minutes. It's the perfect grilled salmon recipe.
We love our Traeger for cooking pretty much anything, but this Traeger grilled salmon is one of our favorites because it's no-fail, fast, healthy, and super easy. Marinate the salmon for a few hours (we always put ours in the marinade at lunch time), throw it on your Traeger for ten minutes, and you're left with super moist, flavorful salmon every time.
Looking for other great grill recipes? Try our grilled salmon bites or grilled margarita chicken.
Key Ingredients and Substitutions
- Salmon- We prefer the taste (and health and environmental benefits) of wild-caught salmon. Use whatever you prefer. If you use frozen salmon, make sure it's completely defrosted before cooking.
- Frank's RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce- You can substitute your own favorite hot sauce or buffalo sauce, but I'm pretty much obsessed with Frank's.
- Maple syrup- 100% pure maple syrup is best. Honey works too if you don't have any maple syrup on hand.
- Soy sauce- Substitute coconut aminos to make this gluten free and Paleo.
See recipe card for amounts and detailed instructions.
Step 1: Place the salmon filets in a ziplock baggie with hot sauce, maple syrup, soy sauce, and garlic. Shake to combine everything, then refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 4 hours.
Step 2: Preheat your Traeger or pellet grill to 450°F and let it heat up for 20 minutes. Once pre-heated, place the salmon skin side down directly onto the grates. Cook for 8-10 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 130°F.
Step 3: Serve! We love this salmon with rice or mashed potatoes (try our cauliflower fried rice or mashed cauliflower for healthy alternatives) and vegetables.
Frequently asked questions
Absolutely. Set your gas grill to high and let it warm up until the grill temperature gauge hits 450°F. Then follow the normal directions. We do recommend that you keep a close eye on your grill's temperature since gas grills typically get hotter than pellet grills.
We love this salmon with rice or mashed potatoes and vegetables. It's also great with our mashed cauliflower or cauliflower fried rice!
Store the salmon in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, pop it in the air fryer at 400°F for 2-3 minutes.
More Salmon Recipes
Looking for more great salmon recipes? Try these:
- Air Fryer Marinated Salmon Bites
- Air Fryer Salmon Bites
- Salmon in a Creamy Dijon Sauce
- BBQ Salmon Bowls
- Pesto Salmon
Leave a Reply