These pizza egg cups are super easy and delicious. They're loaded with classic pizza flavors like marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese, and pepperoni, and they're totally customizable. They come together super quickly, and they're so fun to eat.
This pizza egg cup recipe is the perfect kid-friendly breakfast. It's super fast and easy, totally portable, and really tasty. Your kids might not even know they're eating eggs. Make them extra fun by serving them with marinara sauce for dipping.
Looking for other great kid-friendly breakfast recipes? Try our green eggs and ham recipe, hash brown patty avocado toast, pizza sheet pan eggs, or cinnamon sugar bread french toast.
Key Ingredients and Substitutions
- Eggs- We use pasture-raised eggs. They really do taste so much better.
- Ricotta cheese- We use whole milk ricotta. Buy fresh if you can!
- Marinara sauce- We love Rao's. Use whatever brand is your favorite.
- Shredded mozzarella cheese- We used pre-shredded. We usually recommend shredding your own cheese, but in this particular recipe, pre-shredded cheese works fine. We use Tillamook.
- Pepperoni- You could also use ham, sausage, or whatever meat or veggies you usually enjoy on your pizza.
- Other ingredients/spices: salt, black pepper, Italian seasoning
See recipe card for amounts.
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 325°F.
Step 2: Add eggs, ricotta cheese, marinara sauce, shredded mozzarella, pepperoni, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning to a large mixing bowl. Whisk until everything is combined and smooth.
Step 3: Generously grease the bottom and sides of a muffin tin (or use a silicone liner). Fill each muffin cup about three-quarters of the way full, then top with the remaining mozzarella cheese and a pepperoni.
Step 4: Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until eggs are completely set. Use a knife to separate the egg cups from the sides of the muffin tin and transfer them to a serving plate. Serve with extra marinara sauce on the side.
Frequently asked questions
We grease our muffin tins VERY well with avocado oil spray and use a knife to separate the egg cups from the sides of the muffin tins. If you still find that your eggs are sticking, try lining your muffin tins with silicone liners.
We wouldn't recommend it. They're best when they're fresh, and they don't take long to throw together anyway. If you have leftovers, you can store them in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for 2 days or so. Reheat them in the microwave for about a minute.
Yes! If you don't like pepperoni, you can use ham, cooked sausage, bacon, or whatever your favorite pizza topping is.
Leave a Reply