What is sangria?
Sangria is a Spanish and Portuguese alcoholic drink. At a minimum, it usually includes red wine and fruit, but it often contains other ingredients too, such as additional alcohol. It's usually served in large batches, which makes it perfect for parties and holiday gatherings. This holiday party sangria is our take on sangria, and it's made with fall fruit, so it's perfect for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and other fall/early winter events.
Here's what you'll need for this party drink.
- Dry red wine. Spanish or Portuguese wines work well.
- Maple syrup
- Pomegranate juice
- Pear. We used an asian pear, but you can use whatever you have access to.
- Apple. We used a honeycrisp apple. Any semi-tart apple variety would work well--pink lady, Jazz, and Ambrosia apples are all similar to honeycrisps.
- Cinnamon sticks. You can usually buy cinnamon sticks in the spice aisle, but they're also on Amazon.
Here's how we make this holiday party sangria.
This sangria seriously couldn't be easier. Are you ready?
Combine all of the ingredients in a punch bowl or large pitcher. Let it sit for at least an hour or up to 4 hours. Serve.
THAT'S IT! It's really effortless, and I promise all of your guests will love it. You can't even taste the alcohol.
Looking for other holiday recipes? Try these:
- Pumpkin Cake Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting. These are great for feeding a crowd at holiday parties because one batch makes a ton. They're easy to customize for other holidays too--exchange the bats for Christmas trees or leaves to make them more appropriate for Christmas or Thanksgiving.
- Apple Cider Bourbon Latte. Is this a breakfast drink or a cocktail? You decide.
- Fall Harvest Salad with Sweet Potato, Apple, and Halloumi Cheese
- Holiday Rum Punch. This is a great alternative to this sangria if you're only serving a couple of people.